Prepared under the supervision of curriculum development specialists from the Sarasota County School District, our age-appropriate lessons address applicable learning intentions and success criteria expected of every student while engaging students in our core values: diversity, inclusion, integrity and respect.
Of 206 teachers surveyed in 2019, 97% of teachers availing themselves of our lesson plans and teaching materials felt they were meaningful and beneficial tools for their classes and enhanced the field trip experience.
Created by Jessica DiLorenzo (Arts Integration Specialist, Sarasota County Schools / Any Given Child Sarasota) and Inspired by Melanie Rick's Reading Art Across the Curriculum and Visual Thinking Strategies, the EOD Reading Art lesson provides the framework and tools to explore EOD artwork using evidence-based, critical thinking strategies.
Manatee & Sarasota County Teachers
Earn 3 Professional Development credits via an online course that prepares you to utilize the Reading Art lesson with your students! To earn credit:
1. Register for Course #12833 via the MyPGS online learning platform
2. Watch online course (2 to 3 hours - complete at your own pace)
3. Complete the assignment sheet while watching
4. Save your assignment sheet as a PDF and email to [email protected]
1. Watch online course (2 to 3 hours - complete at your own pace)
2. Complete the assignment sheet while watching
3. Save your assignment sheet as a PDF and email to [email protected]
4. Course registration is not required (for reference, the course number is 4928)
All assignment sheets must be received before April 4 to receive credit.
In light of school closures, Assignment #6 (student inferences/interpretations) is not required for credit.