Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Embracing Our Differences 2020 Exhibit in Sarasota's Bayfront Park.
Volunteer slots are available daily throughout the exhibit, January 18 through April 5, 2020.
Exhibit Volunteer Sign-Up
Thank you for volunteering your time and efforts. We would not be able to do this without your support!
Volunteer Duties & Info
Count Exhibit Visitors
- Available shifts are 9:00-11:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, or 1:00-3:00 PM.
- You only need to count for a period of 60 minutes within your two-hour slot (for example, you could choose to count from 9:45-10:45 AM if you sign up for a 9:00 AM-11:00 AM shift).
- Timeslots are different every day for data collecting best practices purposes.
- You will receive a handy hand-held tally counter as well as a sheet to track your daily counts.
- Please count near the front of the exhibit close to the park entrance so you can count everyone walking in.
- You are welcome to bring a beach chair to sit in while you are counting.
- You do not have to count the students visiting via fieldtrips; they are already accounted for when the teacher signs up for a field trip.
Collect Visitor Repsonse Surveys
- Available shifts are 9:00 AM-1:00 PM or 1:00-5:00 PM
- You only need to collect responses for a period of 60 minutes within your four-hour slot (for example, you could choose to collect responses from 2:30-3:30 PM if you sign up for a 1:00-5:00 PM shift), though you are welcome to collect for more than 60 minutes.
- Our goal is to receive 1000 completed surveys by the time the exhibit is taken down.
- We cannot predict when the most visitors will be in the park, so we ask you to use your best judgment and try to capture as many surveys as possible. Early mornings and happy hour tend to see more foot traffic and there is typically consistent movement in the park on the weekends.
- Helpers will receive a stack of surveys as well as a clipboard. There is a FRONT & BACK to the survey. The back side allows people to vote for their favorite panel, helping us decide who will receive the $1000 People's Choice Award artist prize.
- Please survey individuals while they are at the exhibit and make sure they hand the survey back to you before leaving the park.
- If at any time you need more surveys, please let us know.
Join your fellow volunteers on Thursday, January 16 between 5:00-6:00 PM under the Bayfront Park archway near O'Leary's to preview the 2020 exhibit and receive your volunteer packets.
Not available to attend? not to worry! If you are unable to stop by on 1/16, we can mail your volunteer packet to you or meet you at the exhibit on your first shift.
- Please note, with Florida weather being unpredictable, we will cancel any volunteers shifts scheduled if there is inclement weather.
- We will send an email to the scheduled volunteers letting them know that their shift has been canceled.
- If for some reason you cannot make your shift, please let me know as soon as possible.
Please contact Liz Chicone at [email protected] or 941-404-5710
Exhibit Volunteer Sign-Up